HIV testing offered
The 2nd annual World AIDS Day awareness event was presented on PCC's Lawn on Tuesday, Nov. 29 with free HIV testing, speakers, resource booths and performances.
James Harris, a student at LBCC, spoke about his life and being HIV positive. Student Life manager Anita Gibbins said, "James Harris is really committed to making people understand the importance of being tested."
A coupon for Mama Soul was given to people who volunteered to take an HIV test.
The Faithful Unity Club performed a prayer on stage for everybody affected by HIV and AIDS.
Heavy Hands from KLBC performed as D.J.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Viking News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST VIKING NEWS
RECENT VIKING CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit